Refrigerator Icemaker failure Flood in Northglenn?
Ice, ice, maybe.
You never know when a kitchen appliance is going to fail and cause a small lake to form in your kitchen, but this happens more often than you think. The refrigerator ice maker shown in this picture caused the kitchen to flood after the supply line hose failed. According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), 73 percent of losses involving an ice maker was caused by a failed supply line hose, and 10 percent were due to improper installation.
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton responds to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day in the Henderson area, and we know that water damage can become a costly repair when it is not dealt with quickly. Here are some loss prevention and maintenance tips from the IBHS:
- Proper installation of the ice maker supply line hose is important to avoiding water damage.
- Tightly connect the hose to the valve. Avoid over-tightening.
- Ensure the valve is secure and check for kinks.
- If kinks are present, replace the hose.
- Leave a 3-to-4-inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping.
Call Us Today!
If your home has a water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your water damage in Northglenn, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Independently Owned and Operated.