Fire Damage Emergency Tips for Lochbuie?
Fire Damage Happens in Lochbuie Home
I remember waking up and hearing the smoke alarm going off and seeing smoke filling up the hallway. I got my family out of the house safely, and thankfully the fire was contained to the kitchen and it was put out quickly. My insurance adjuster told me to call SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton. They gave me some fire damage tips for what I could do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC) filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your fire damage in Lochbuie, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.