Tornado Safety for Lochbuie Pets?
The American Red Cross suggests that pet owners have an emergency kit prepared for their pets in a tornado or other severe weather emergency. SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton responds to storm damage emergencies in Lochbuie every year. Here are some tips for assembling an emergency kit for your pets:
Keep items in an accessible place and store them in sturdy containers so that they can be carried easily.
Your kit should include:
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses, and carriers to transport pets safely and ensure that they can’t escape
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter, and litter pan, and a manual can opener if your pet eats canned food
- Medications and copies of medical records stored in a waterproof container
- A first aid kit
- Current photos of you with your pet(s) in case they get lost. Since many pets look alike, this will help to eliminate mistaken identity and confusion.
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets
- Pet beds and toys, if easily transportable
When you need storm damage restoration services for your Lochbuie home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.