Holiday Fire Safety Tips for Thornton?
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton’s technicians respond to more fire damage emergencies during the winter months than at any other time of the year. Here are some decorating and entertaining tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep you safe this holiday season:
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights, so the cords do not get damaged
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles
- Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
- Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding.
Call Us Today!
When your Thornton home or commercial business has fire damage, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 720-223-8888.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.