Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Thornton Homeowners?
Fire Extinguisher Safety
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), a fire extinguisher may be useful when dealing with a fire in a small area, but only if everyone is out of the home, the fire department has been called, and the room is not filled with smoke. SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton often arrives to the scene of a fire damage emergency when the first responders are completing their job, and we see the damage even a small fire can do. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the NFPA:
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side.
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire, but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle.
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is on-call and ready to respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day. Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your fire damage in Thornton, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Independently Owned and Operated.