Clothes Dryer Fire in Brighton?
Dryer Safety Tips for Brighton
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), failure to clean clothes dryers is the leading cause of clothes dryer fires. SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton offers these dryer safety tips from the NFPA:
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry and remove lint that has collected around the drum
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating. Once a year, or more often if you notice that it is taking longer than normal for your clothes to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
- Keep dryers in good working order
- Gas dryers should be inspected by a qualified professional to make sure that the gas line and connection are intact and free of leaks
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly
- Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions and don’t overload your dryer
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your fire damage in Brighton, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Independently Owned and Operated.