Flooding in Thornton?
Protect Your Property From a Flood Hazard
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton responds to flood and other storm damage emergencies throughout the year. Flooding can happen at any time. Heavy rain, snowmelt, clogged storm drains, and urban development all contribute to flooding conditions. Here is some helpful information from the Urban Drainage and Flood Control District to help Thornton residents prepare before a flood:
Before a Flooding Event
- Obtain flood insurance
- Keep trash and debris out of the drainage channels so they can carry flood flows
- Ensure that water flows away from your house
- Report potential problems like blocked culverts, or people dumping debris in the channels
- Construct barriers around window wells or other building openings to keep floodwater from entering
- Keep materials like sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting, and lumber handy for emergency waterproofing
- Floodproofing buildings can help reduce potential flood damages to structures and their contents. A professional engineer should design structural changes. A building permit may be required for this type of work.
- Ask your plumber about a valve to prevent sewage back-up
Call Us Today!
When you need storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your storm damage in Thornton, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Independently Owned and Operated.