Grilling Safety Tips for Thornton Residents?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more grilling fires happen in July than in any other month. SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton offers these tips from the NFPA to keep you safe while grilling this season:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill
- Never leave your grill unattended
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it
- Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as a fuel
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid
- Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources
- There are also electric charcoal starters, which do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing of them in a metal container
Call Us Today!
When your home or business needs fire restoration services, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your fire damage in Thornton, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.