Flooded Kitchen in Todd Creek?
My Dishwasher Disaster in Todd Creek
This is what my kitchen looks like after the water damage to my kitchen was restored. My dishwasher failed and flooded the kitchen floor. When I called SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton they gave me some tips from their website on what I could do while waiting for them to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your water damage in Todd Creek, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.