Power Outage in Thornton?
Sitting in the dark again in Thornton?
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton responds to storm damage emergencies each year in Thornton. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), extended power outages may impact communities and the economy. Here are some power outage tips from FEMA:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed
- Use a generator, but only outdoors and away from windows
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines for using power-dependent medical devices
- Check with local officials about heating and cooling locations open near you
Preparing for a Power Outage
- Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity
- Plan for batteries and other alternative power sources to meet your needs when the power goes out, such as a portable charger or power bank
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long the battery backup will last
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your storm damage in Thornton, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.