Fire-damaged Home in Thornton?
Tips on what NOT to do after a fire in Henderson
Fire damage is dirty, smelly, and cleaning up after a fire is best left to a professional restoration service. When my Henderson home suffered fire damage, my insurance adjuster told me to call SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton. My house was a disaster. There was soot and smoke damage and water damage left from the firefighting efforts. As much as I wanted to start cleaning, I’m glad I didn’t as I could have created a bigger mess!
Here are some tips for what NOT to do after a fire while waiting for help to arrive:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Call Us Today!
When your Henderson home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 720-223-8888. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.