Frozen Pipes in Brighton Home?
January is the coldest month in Colorado. Overnight temperatures average 15.2 degrees Fahrenheit this time of year. SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton’s technicians respond to many water damage emergencies in Brighton during the winter months and offer these tips from the Insurance Information Institute on what to do if your pipes freeze:
- If you discover that pipes are frozen, don’t wait for them to burst. Take measures to thaw them immediately or call a plumber for assistance.
- If your pipes burst, first turn off the water and then mop up spills. You don’t want the water to do more damage than it already has.
- Call your agent or company as soon as you can. An insurance adjuster doesn’t need to see the spill before you take action. However, they will want to inspect any damaged items.
- Make temporary repairs and take other steps to protect your property from further damage. Remove any carpet or furniture that can be further damaged from seepage.
- Make a list of the damaged articles and save your receipts for insurance reimbursement
- Save the receipts for what you spend—including additional living expenses if you must leave your home until repairs are completed—and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Call Us Today!
When you have frozen pipes or any water damage emergency in your Brighton home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton will restore the water damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 720-223-8888.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.