Heating Safety Tips for Todd Creek?
SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton’s technicians are trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Here are some heating equipment safety tips from the United States Fire Marshalls to keep you fire-damage-free this winter season:
If you are using a portable heater:
- Make sure the heater has an automatic shut-off so if it tips over, it shuts off
- Keep anything that can burn, such as bedding, clothing, and curtains, at least three feet from the heater
- Plug portable heaters directly into wall outlets. Never use an extension cord or power strip
- Turn heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.
If you are using a fireplace:
- Keep a glass or metal screen in front of the fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from jumping out and starting a fire
- Do not burn paper in your fireplace
- Before you go to sleep or leave your home. put the fire out completely
- Put ashes in a metal container with a lid. Store the container outside at least 3 feet from your home.
Call Us Today We Are Ready To Help!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Todd Creek home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of North Thornton/Brighton will restore the fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 720-223-8888.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.